- For all appointments please phone (07) 40981711 during clinic hours
- Urgent requests will be triaged by a practice nurse and given priority
- Please inform the receptionist if you need a special service or more time
- Please notify the surgery as soon as possible if you are unable to attend
- General: We are not a bulk billing surgery as we do not want to compromise the level of care that we can offer. However we currently bulkbill children, pensioners and concession card holders.
- Standard consultation (up to 15 minutes) $75, the Medicare rebate (if applicable) is $38.20.
- Longer consultation (up to 30 minutes) $125, the Medicare rebate (if applicable) is $73.95.
- Extended consultation $175, the Medicare rebate (if applicable) is $108.85
- Additional fees and charges may apply for special services (such as skin excisions) and not all services attract a Medicare rebate (such as Medicals for commercial driver's licence).
- Please ask the receptionist for a detailed list of fees. Fees are payable at the time of booking. The practice offers Medicare online claiming and Medicare Easyclaim for your convenience.
- You can obtain your repeat scripts either during your normal consultation or during a dedicated script time.
- Each doctor offers a special time during which repeat scripts can be obtained. This service does not require an appointment and will be bulkbilled for all patients. It can not exceed 5 minutes. Please ask the receptionist for the clinic times of your doctor.
- If you are unable to attend during script time your doctor will consider writing a repeat script with 24 hours notice. This will incur a charge of $10.
- Your doctor will discuss with you how you should follow up on your test result depending on the likely complexity and your individual circumstances.
- On advise by your doctor our nurse will ring you and ask you to book an earlier appointment if the result requires urgent attention.
- Please note that the receptionists are unable to discuss results with you.
- If you want to pick up a copy of your test result you may use the bulkbilled script time if it does not exceed 5 minutes. A fee of $10 applies if you wish to obtain a copy of your results other than during a consultation.
- We prefer to talk to you in person, either in the surgery or on the phone if necessary. We sometimes will send a letter with a result or a reminder to you. We do not use email to correspond with or about you due to privacy concerns.
- If you wish to change your GP you can sign a release form from your new GP who will send your request to us. Our doctors will then send a summary of your records to your new doctor. If you like to obtain a copy of your entire chart we can provide you with a USB - a fee of $25 will incur. If you need copies of medical records for an insurance or court case please book an appointment with your regular doctor and discuss your specific needs first.
- Your privacy is a priority for us and all trusted information will be dealt with confidentially.
- You can sign a release of information form (or ask your doctor to make a note in your record) if you wish to nominate another person to be involved in your health care.
- Despite our best intention we are sometimes running late.
- This happens if a patient has needed urgent attention or if his medical condition unexpectedly required more time.
- Please talk to our receptionist if this affects your personal situation and we will try and find an individual solution.
- Please let us know if you have special needs or if you require special services (such as the Translating and Interpreting Service).
- Our staff and doctors will also try and go the extra mile to help you in case of genuine need.